“STEM in Spring” Activities at Port Discovery
Who says learning during Spring Break couldn’t be fun? Port Discovery is at it again with 10 Days of STEM to keep minds moving and help kids to explore new challenges. Start off the break discovering the science behind lights [Light City Baltimore], dig deeper into the layers of the solar system with NASA and even build a satellite! Your kids will thank you for adding these activities to the Spring Break schedule!
- Saturday, April 8: Glow Day celebrating Light City Baltimore! Join Eric Energy for an interactive science show where you can experiment with circuits, sounds waves, and learn about different kinds of light! Create bracelets that change color in UV light, make a holographic projector to see in 3D, craft glow-in-the dark art, and take part in many more fun activities experimenting with light!
- Sunday, April 9: Super Sunday & Pop-Up Concert with Peabody Ensemble. Design your own structures in Studio Workshop, enjoy a performance from the Peabody Ensemble, take an Adventure to the Imagi Nation with magician David London, and enjoy many more hands-on, exciting programs!
- Monday, April 10: Wildlife, Energy, & Health – Oh My! Learn about wildlife and get up close with animals at the Wildlife Adventures Petting Zoo, engineer structures using gumdrops, and enjoy the interactive Eric Energy science show. Plus spring into great health and learn about the body with University of Maryland: Nova!
- Tuesday, April 11: Build & Launch a Satellite! Become electrified with Pop Up Science activities, build and launch your own satellite, explore mathematical concepts with Numbers Alive!, and learn about wildlife at the Wildlife Adventures Petting Zoo!
- Wednesday, April 12: Nano Day! Learn about atoms, molecules, and nanoscale forces! Explore the science of small with the NISE Network. Plus make stained glass art, create bracelets that change color in UV light, craft your own bookmark using nail polish, and discover your nano-detector!
- Thursday, April 13: Earth & Space Day, featuring STEM in Spring programs that are out of this world! Explore your home planet, solar system, and universe with NASA and the NISE Network. Learn about space, find out the big impact of tiny molecules, and enjoy a puppet show with Port Discovery’s monster family, and take part in our signature story time.
- Friday, April 14: Build a Robot! Create your own robot in the special robotics lab from Sylvan Learning! Then, program it to follow commands while developing critical thinking skills along the way. Engineer your own structure using gumdrops, get electrified with Pop Up Science activities, and enjoy more interactive programs!
- Saturday, April 15: Thomas and Friends™ Day at Port Discovery! Take part in STEM in Spring activities featuring everyone’s favorite blue engine! Create abstract train artwork, make train totes, enjoy a train-themed Kindersigner performance, and become a star in our interactive Play within a Play: The Little Engine that Could! Then stay late for our Hop into Spring Evening Adventure, featuring music, pizza, drinks, a mini egg hunt, face painting, prizes, and hours of family fun! Hop into Spring goes from 6:30 to 9:30 PM and advanced purchase tickets are required!
- Sunday, April 16: Engineer Gumdrop Structures! Engineer your own structures using gumdrops, learn about different sound techniques at the Percussion Garden, enjoy our signature story time, and take part in many more activities dedicated to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math! Visit www.PortDiscovery.org for more information.
- Monday, April 17: Build & Launch a Satellite! Celebrate the last day of STEM in Spring with Port Discovery’s extended hours, Build and launch your own satellite, get up close with animals and learn about wildlife at the Wildlife Adventures Petting Zoo, enjoy an interactive science show from Eric Energy, and much more on the final day of STEM in Spring.
Photo Cred. – Port Discovery
**FLASH GIVEAWAY DETAILS**
We are giving one lucky family 4 (four) tickets to Port Discovery!
Saturday, April 8 – Monday, April 17
Tickets are good for any day April 8 – April 17
**Contest ends on April 8 at @12:00 pm EST and a winner will be selected at random. Winner will receive notification within 1 hour of contest end time**
Port Discovery Children’s Museum
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21223
Must be 18 years or older to enter. Winner must enter a comment to be eligible for the prize.