Monster Jam is one of our favorite events to visit each year! We all scream to the top of our lungs for our favorite teams and gawk over the amazing stunts they do. Before we go to the DC Show this month, I wanted to present the kids with cool fun facts about Monster Jam that would take our experience to the next level. When you know more about some things, seeing it up close and personal makes it that much better!
10 Fast Facts about Monster Jam
- One monster truck tire can weigh 800-900 pounds. That’s up to 2700 pounds for tires only, WHOA!!!
- Lee O’Donnell made history performing the first front flip at the Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Championship in 2017! You’ve gotta watch it here!
- Each race team will travel about 45,000 miles a year to attend events.
- These big trucks crush about 3,000 cars per year.
- Each Monster Jam truck is approximately 10.5 feet tall, 12 feet wide, 17 feet long and weighs 12,000 pounds.
- More than 4 million people attend Monster Jam events in North America, Canada and Europe annually.
- Most Monster Jam monster trucks require more than 40 hours of paint time.
- The 90’s TV show “Monster Wars” helped by bringing the sport into the television spotlight.
- There are over 90 Monster Jam teams.
- The first Monster Jam event took place in 1992.
DC Area Show Information
Saturday, January 27 @ 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 28 @ 1:00 p.m
The Pit Party on Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, January 28 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Capitol One Arena (formally Verizon Center) – 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
**DISCOUNT TICKET OFFER**
Use the code ICE to save $5 when you book your tickets on www.ticketmaster.com.
We are excited to have the opportunity to giveaway 4 tickets to the Monster Jam Triple Threat Series Show at the Capital One Arena, Jan 27th @ 1:00pm! Contest ends on Thursday, Jan 11th at 11:59pm.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Moms with Tots appreciates the opportunity to be a Feld Ambassador. Although we attend Feld events, all thoughts and opinions are my own. All photos credited to Monster Jam and Feld Entertainment.