Fun Indoor Spots for Toddlers Only
Finding places that cater to only young children can be difficult, however, there are many opportunities to visit play spaces that have specific times especially for the 6 and under crowd. We rounded up some of our favorites in the DMV!
- Little Jumpers at Pump-It-Up Waldorf: Little Jumpers is a special open jump time for guests aged 1-6 years old only. They have a designated toddler area for children 1-3yrs old, filled with riding toys, a sliding board, blocks and more. Children 2-6yrs old are allowed to jump on the inflatables in both rooms for two hours of fun! When: Mon, Wed, Fri from 10am-12pm. Cost: $5.50 per child
- Play & Learn at Elite Gymnastics in Waldorf: This is a drop in program that allows children, birth to 6 yrs old, the opportunity to develop through play with gymnastics equipment and activities. Sensory stimulation, fun exercises like the balance beam and the trampoline will keep your little one busy! Each session ends with a snack and nap soon to follow!! When: Mon, Wed, Fri from 11am-11:45am & Sat from 12pm-12:45pm. Cost: $5 per visit
- Chuck-E-Cheese’s Chuck E’s Playtime: Last September Chuck-E-Cheese’s introduced Chuck E.’s Playtime! You can bring your toddler (1-3yrs old) to Chuck E. Cheese’s any time between 11am – 4pm Monday through Thursday to enjoy safe, tyke-friendly fun in a high-visibility play space! They are even offering a free snack cup and a $11.99 meal coupon that includes an unlimited salad bar and soft-drink, a kids meal and 10 tokens. Want to make a playdate out of it? Send them specialized invites directly from the website: http://www.chuckecheese.com/events/invitations.When: Mon-Thurs from 11am-4pm.
- Kid Flight at Flight Trampoline Park in Springfield, VA: Children under the age of 6 and under 46” can enjoy the entire trampoline park! While children are in the “kids area”, parents aren’t allowed on the trampolines, but parents are allowed on the trampolines in all other areas. When: Mon-Fri from 10am-2pm (except during school breaks and holidays) Cost: $10 per child
- The Building Zone at the National Building Museum: The Building Zone is a hands-on introduction to the building arts designed especially for children, ages 2–6. For 45 minutes, children in the “Zone,” can build towers and brick walls, read a book in the Book Nook, drive bulldozers and other construction play trucks, get in costume and explore a life-size custom built “green” house. Children can also visit the Play- Work-Build interactive exhibit featuring a hands on play area and a digital interactive wall that allows kids to fill the wall with virtual blocks and then knock them down. When: Mon-Sat from 10 am–4 pm, Sunday from 11am-4pm. Cost: $3 ticket per person ages 3 and up. Cost for general admission is $8. Tickets are available every hour, starting at 15 minutes after the hour.