We all love a good snow day but after a couple of hours, we get bored. On these types of days, the kids are tugging on my shirt for more activities to do. I think I’m pretty good at creating fun experiences for the kids but sometimes even I can use some inspiration. During the winter months I will NOT be caught off guard twiddling my thumbs so I’ve come up with 15 fun activities to do on a snow day or anytime during the winter months! The best part about it is that you don’t have to buy anything to take full advantage of these activities. Yes, the kids will love them and so will parents ;).
15 Snow Day Activities
- Build a snowman
- Make snow cones
- Bake cookies
- Create a new hot chocolate recipe
- Pick two board games that you haven’t played in a while
- Roast Marshmallows for s’mores. Don’t wanna go outside, build the s’mores and throw them in the oven.
- What’s better than Homemade Ice Cream with fresh snow!
- Read! Read! Read!
- Make your own snow paint (spray bottles or squirt bottles, food coloring and water)
- Create amazing frozen bubbles
- Use sock puppets to perform an old classic tale
- Go sledding
- Break out and have a dance party
- Gather up recycled items and craft
- Have an indoor snow fight
If you’re trying to figure out how to conquer any of the above activities, follow my Pinterest boards for recipes and instructions. Find out more ideas for snow days here but just know that you don’t have to be the “master” planner, crafter or cook to make staying at home a day of fun for the entire family. After you’ve played yourselves tired, chill out on the couch and watch a movie or a couple of TV shows. Don’t forget snacks, plenty of snacks.