Lunch on Us is Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) free summer meals program funded by The Charles County Advocacy Council for Children. The program is part of the federal child nutrition program to provide free healthy meals to children ages 18 and under during summer vacation when school is out.
Lunch on Us begins June 29 and ends Aug. 14. Sites are closed on July 3 for Independence Day.
Children will receive hot meals at locations, and eat inside. In addition, mobile sites receive lunches through a delivery by a food service van or school bus. Please note that all meals must be consumed on site.
Lunches are prepared by the Charles County Public Schools Food Services Department and meet federal nutrition guidelines. A typical cold lunch may consist of a sandwich, fruit, vegetable and milk, and will vary each day of the week. A typical hot lunch will consist of hot entrée, a vegetable, milk and fruit, and will vary each day of the week. Summer meal sites are in safe supervised places likes schools, parks, businesses and community centers.
Hot lunches will be distributed at the following locations:
• Westlake High School, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Henry E. Lackey High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Cold, bagged lunches will be distributed at the following mobile sites:
• Eva Turner Elementary School, 11-11:20 a.m.
• Children’s Aid Society, 3000 Huntington Circle, Waldorf, 11:30-11:50 a.m.
• Milton M. Somers Middle School, 11:30-11:50 a.m.
• Tri-County Youth Services Bureau, 75 Industrial Park Drive, Waldorf, 12-12:20 p.m.
• Phoenix Run, 651 Piscataway Run, La Plata, 12-12:30 p.m.
• Charles Landing Apartments, Jameson Court, Indian Head, playground area, 12-12:30 p.m.
• Ell Lane Apartments, 12151 Ell Lane, Waldorf, management office, 12:30-12:50 p.m.
• Woodland Village Park, Thompson Lane, Indian Head, 12:45-1:15 p.m.
• Idlewood Trailer Park, Waldorf, 1-1:20 p.m.
• Holly Tree Apartments, 2482 Lake Drive, Waldorf, 1-1:20 p.m.
• Elite Gymnastics, 2745 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, 1:30-1:50 p.m.
For more information about free summer meals, contact Jen Conte, student intervention coordinator for CCPS, at 301-934-7335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Charles County Public Schools