Maryland Family Events You Don’t Wanna Miss: July 15-16
Welcome to a weekend that’s full of FREE and CHEAP events in the DC Area! We know it’s gonna be a hot one but take some time to snag some FREE ice cream and head out to one of our picks for weekend entertainment!
- Roam the evolution maze, discovering facts and truths about the extinction of dinosaurs on the Evolution Engine at the B&O Railroad Museum.
- Lift your voice and grab snacks at you watch “Sing” at Watkins Regional Park. Get there early for face painting, mini golf and carousel rides.
- Kids can learn about being an Engineer through an interactive experience and creating their own masterpiece at the College Park Aviation Museum.
- Make an ice cream sundae and learn about Maryland’s History at Darnall’s Chance House Museum.
- Dig deep for dinosaur fossils with paleontologists at the Dinosaur Park in Laurel.
- It’s Free Family Sunday at the Baltimore Museum of Art! Explore your creative side with hands-on art-making workshops.
- Attempt to land your model rocket on a “moon” target in celebration of Apollo 11 at NASA Goddard.
- Feed the ducks and dance to music at the Sunday Sunset Concert held at Allen Pond Park in Bowie.
- Celebrate the bounty and wisdom of the Earth at the 8th Annual Living Earth Festival at the National Museum of the American Indian.
- Celebrate global culture in the wild wetlands of Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens at the Lotus and Water Lily Festival.