New Year, New Bucket List
Now that our kids are a little older, we’ve decided to start the family bucket list. During dinner, we went around the table allowing each person, big and small, to come up with new adventures for the year. Not sure what I was expecting but we told them that they must choose activities we’d never done before. Okay, here’s our list..
- Visit at least 2 orchards. Since fruit is seasonal, we’ll go once in the Spring and once in the Fall. If you’re in the DC area, we put together a great list of the most popular spots for fruit picking.
- Camping. I hope this really means glamping but I’m willing to take one for the team. We look forward to renting a cabin in Forest State Park, Jellystone or Treehouse Camp.
- Hiking. The Hubs and I hiked at Great Falls National Park and we loved it.
- Fishing. I think we’ll be charting a boat for this full day excursion.
- Go inside the upside down house at Wonderworks in Orlando or Myrtle Beach. Enough said.
- Laser Tag. This may seem dull to some but since the Littles have never been, they are amped-up.
- Go on a Cruise. Yeah, this was my item!
- Go to Hershey Park and stay at one of the luxurious Hershey Hotels.
- Go to New York and visit American Girl Place.
- Amtrak and go somewhere, anywhere! Kids under the age of 2 ride free and for kids 2-12 it’ 50% off.
- Indoor sky diving at IFLY. This will be epic!!
- Take a break and relax in the beautiful Massanutten.
- Revisit the Virginia Safari Park in Shenandoah. I know I said new adventures but they wouldn’t let this one go.
I am really excited about completing all of our bucket list items but I need prayer for some of them (camping). Now that we’ve shared our list, let us know what your plans are for 2017!
Happy New Year and Happy Planning!