Traveling With the Mom Essential Pack
It’s the first time we’re really going to “break” for our kid’s Spring Break. They’re only in preschool but we thought it would be fun to tackle. I’m ready to play Eye Spy in the car and make videos of us singing radio tunes! However, the reality is that I hate packing! That’s right, I said it! I’m an overachiever when it comes to making sure all the clothes are washed but certainly an underachiever when it comes to folding and putting them all away. Nevertheless, the Hubs has our suitcases standing at attention, so I’ll reach into the clothes hampers, grab a few outfits and throw them them in.
One area that I don’t slack in when it comes to traveling is making sure we have our essentials. I call it my MEP or the Mom Essential Pack! This little bag goes with me anytime we’re going somewhere that requires an overnight stay. Here’s what’s inside:
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus– Remember what I said about being a slacker when it comes to folding clothes? This product is what I call an “iron in a bottle.” All I have to do is spray, smooth and hang the clothes up. It only takes about 10 minutes to dry and BAM, no more wrinkles! Trust me, it’s a product worth trying. Who wants to iron on vacation? Especially not with little kids running around in the hotel room. It’s an accident waiting to happen.
- Medicine – I can say that we haven’t really needed to use many meds while on vacation but if we do, I’ve got it covered. From headaches to stomachaches, no one will cut our trip short from a sickness!
- First Aid Supplies– I think our kids have a mark on their bodies to represent every place we’ve visited! Enough said!
- Travel size bottle of detergent/ Stain remover – We don’t usually wash clothes while traveling but there have been times when someone has made a “mistake.” Or that moment when “Boy meets Mud” happens. You know what I’m talking about, muddy puddles.
- Hand sanitizing wipes – I like wipes because they clean better than sanitizer in my opinion. Sometimes I find that sanitizer mysteriously opens in the bag and leaks all over the place.
- Baby wipes or flushable wipes – We keep the travel potty handy while on the road and sometimes a napkin from McDonald’s just won’t do!
- Spare charging cable – Since many cables are interchangeable, we pack two spare cables. You’ll thank me when 4 devices have to be charged at the same time!
- Books or magazines for me – I don’t get much time to just relax so taking a vacation is the best opportunity to get caught up on reading.
What are some of your must have items when traveling with the family?
About Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus
Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus is an easy-to-use wrinkle spray that reduces wrinkles and helps keep your clothes looking neat without the hassle of ironing. But it can do so much more: Wrinkle Spray, Odor Eliminator, Fabric Refresher, Static Remover, Ironing Aid, Wrinkle Remover, Great for Travel, Curtains, Tablecloths, Sheets, Pillowcases and More.
Disclosure: Moms with Tots was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.